Using the Pelion® Trademark
Please follow these guidelines if you are a customer of Pelion or you otherwise have written permission from Pelion to use its trademarks
You may use Pelion’s trademarks to refer to Pelion’s products, services and related technology if you follow these guidelines and your use is accurate, fair and not misleading. Any goodwill generated by your use of Pelion’s trademarks inures exclusively to Pelion.
connectivity management software
data management software
device management software
Pelion® [product name] and/or [approved noun]
Pelion® IoT platform
Pelion® Device Management
Pelion is registered trademark of Pelion IoT Limited in the US and/or elsewhere.
Use examples for Pelion trademark
"processor" is not a Pelion product or approved noun.
PELION® IoT platform
pelion® IoT platform
Guidelines for third parties when referring to Pelion’s word trademarks
- Trademark symbols and notice statements:
- Always use the correct trademark symbol with the first or most prominent appearance of the trademark in the body of text.
- You do not have to use trademark symbols in headlines unless there is no accompanying text, in which case you must use them.
- Always include the correct trademark notice statement.
- Approved nouns:
- Always use trademarks as adjectives accompanied by an approved noun.
- Never use a trademark as a noun, a verb, or in the possessive or plural form. Your use will probably be incorrect if the sentence does not make grammatical sense without the trademark included in it.
- Never alter Pelion’s trademarks:
- Do not alter the spelling or form of Pelion’s trademarks by abbreviating them, creating acronyms, translating them, joining them to other words, symbols or numbers or using improper capitalization. However, permitted capitalization occurs when using a Pelion word trademark in headlines, titles or text where all of the surrounding words are shown in uppercase characters. In this situation, you may use the relevant Pelion trademark in uppercase characters, provided that such use complies with these guidelines.
- Do not use the Pelion logo without written authorization from Pelion. Please contact us if you want permission to use the Pelion logo.
- Do not use inaccurate or misleading nouns after Pelion’s trademarks. Pelion’s trademarks are used for specific products and services.
- Do not use a Pelion trademark, slogan or logo (or any part of a Pelion trademark, slogan or logo) as part of another trademark, slogan, logo or other name. This includes but is not limited to a company name, trade name, product name, service name, technology name, domain name or social media name.
- Do not register a Pelion trademark, slogan or logo (or any part of a Pelion trademark, slogan or logo) either alone or as part of another trademark or other name. This includes, but is not limited to a company name, trade name, product name, service name, technology name, domain name or social media name.
- Do not use Pelion’s trademarks more prominently than your own trademarks, company name, trade name, product name, service name or other name. You should distinguish such names visually from any Pelion trademark or other name.
- Do not use Pelion’s trademarks to make fun of Pelion or portray Pelion in a negative way.
- Do not use Pelion’s trademarks in any manner that expresses or implies that Pelion has any affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification, or approval of your product, service or company.
- Do not use Pelion’s trademarks in false or misleading advertising.
- Do not use Pelion’s trademarks in connection with any defamatory, scandalous, pornographic, or other objectionable materials.
- Do not manufacture, advertise, sell, distribute or otherwise give away any merchandise items bearing any Pelion trademark, logo or other name without an express written trademark license from Pelion.
- Do not imitate any element of Pelion’s logos, trade dress or product packaging.
- Do not use or imitate any Pelion tagline or slogan.
Using the Pelion trade name
As well as being a trademark, Pelion is also a trade name. When Pelion is used as a trade name, the trademark rules do not apply, so do not use it as an adjective with any trademark symbol. Please use the Pelion trade name as a noun. As a noun, the Pelion trade name may also be used in the possessive form.
Talk with an expert
Ready to connect? Contact us today to discuss how Pelion can support your IoT ambitions.