- TEST ENGINEER OULU – FIXED TERM
TEST ENGINEER – OULU
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for an enthusiastic Test Engineer to join the Pelion Engineering team in Oulu. The vacancy is fixed term and will be filled as soon as we find the perfect match. Employment is expected to continue until the end of November 2021.
Who are you?
You are a Test Engineer, passionate about quality, large scale applications, and the emerging world of IoT. You want to be a part in making IoT device management happen at a large scale with leading customers by being a part of a team testing the Pelion Device Management platform.
What will your responsibilities cover?
- Developing, maintaining, and executing tests for our service platforms in cloud which include both backend RESTful APIs and clients connecting to them.
- Planning and implementing of automated E2E test scripts
- Tracking and Debugging of detected defects and verifying fixes
- Visualizing and reporting the quality status.
- Participating in QA activities including developing and maintain of continuous integration/delivery, test tools and test environments
Skills and experience we’d love you to have:
- Software testing experience (defining, executing and reporting tests for software systems)
- Can audit test automation code
- Knowledge in testing and automating integration testing around service platforms using REST APIs.
- Knowledge and experience of test automation, test processes and test methodologies
- Good knowledge about continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities.
- Good knowledge in scripting and programming languages (Python, JS, Java etc)
- Linux experience
- Capability to work efficiently and constructively in a team
- Fluent spoken and written English
Some knowledge and skills of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Experience in testing of cloud client and server products (backend/frontend) and services.
- Experience in working with virtualized environments
- Understanding of end to end solution ( infrastructure, including load balancers, clustering, security, privacy, disaster recovery )
- IP-based networking and protocols
- Proactive approach that challenges conventions
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 058
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.