- SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT GLASGOW
SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT – GLASGOW
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to join the Pelion Engineering team within the Connectivity Management division in Glasgow.
Our collective of hardworking, creative, and passionate engineers are working at the forefront in the following areas:
- The Design and implementation of Connectivity Management services that simplify complex operations for deployment of IoT devices at scale.
- APIs that enable Pelion’s partners to embed and build upon core functionality within our products.
- The deployment of our software and expansions of our infrastructure in new regions globally.
Outcomes for the role:
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 014
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.