- SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER RAANANA
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER – RAANANA
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Software Test Engineer to join the Pelion Engineering team within the Pelion Device Management (Pelion DM) division in Raanana, Israel.
Our collective of hardworking, creative, and passionate engineers are working at the forefront in the following areas:
- Building services for Pelion Device Management to allow lifecycle management for IoT devices by our customers.
- Supporting both SaaS and on-premises IoT customers helping them to manage the lifecycle of their devices through the Pelion Device Management platform. You can read more about Pelion Device Management here: https://pelion.com/product/iot-device-management/
What will you do?
- Work closely with development teams – participate in Daily and Planning meetings, assist teams in developing testable features.
- Take full ownership of test automation of multiple components in the Pelion eco-system, with focus on Firmware Update –
- Become familiar with existing and new features.
- Write test plans.
- Develop tests (in Python and C) and deploy them in Continuous Integration system.
- Follow up on test runs and triage failures.
- Own the Israel automation lab.
- Be willing to dive deep into complicated flows, understand how they work internally and assist in solving problems.
- Have a creative and structured approach to test automation development – we don’t like manual testing!
Who you are?
You are an experienced software test engineer, passionate about quality, large scale applications, and the emerging world of IoT. You want to take part in making IoT device management happen at a large scale with leading customers using Pelion Device Management platform.
What we are looking for:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical fields. Other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
- 5+ years of proven test planning and development experience.
- Experience with Python as a test development tool.
- Experience with C/C++ as a test development tool (for embedded systems).
- Experience with cloud test development (REST APIs).
- Familiarity with Linux as a development environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus.
- Familiarity with Jenkins is a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication.
- Can hit the ground running – fast learner that can become familiar with what we do and start contributing quickly.
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 059
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.