- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER GLASGOW
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER – GLASGOW
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineering Manager to join the Pelion Engineering team within the Connectivity Management division in Glasgow.
Our collective of hardworking, creative, and passionate engineers are working at the forefront in the following areas:
- The Design and implementation of Connectivity Management services that simplify complex operations for deployment of IoT devices at scale.
- APIs that enable Pelion’s partners to embed and build upon core functionality within our products.
- The deployment of our software and expansions of our infrastructure in new regions globally.
Outcomes for the role:
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans.
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality work.
- Handle the day to day activities and resources of the engineering team.
- Improve and encourage the adoption of agile processes.
- Hire and grow the engineering teams as required.
- Mentor and lead the development of engineers’ careers.
- Management of engineering resource within our Glasgow product development team
- Support and develop the software engineering team to establish and meet their key commitments.
- Own the entire software life cycle meet business goals and customer expectations.
- Your will be responsible for running both the daily activity and wider planning with the software development team.
- Working closely with other technical, architectural and product functions.
- You will work closely with Product and Engineering Leadership to ensure that we help drive great solutions from your team.
- Bring people together to work on challenging and demanding problems and help them and their team continually learn and improve.
Who you are?
You mentor and lead teams of engineers to deliver products on time, growing and perfecting the processes within the teams you lead. You’re passionate about gaining a deeper understanding of how the deployment and management of globally connected devices is changing. You enjoying working alongside infrastructure engineers, product teams and quality assurance teams to build new products and enhance our existing stack.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of programming within an agile environment.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity with a constantly evolving business landscape.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build and deployment processes, testing and operations.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, training and mentoring an engineering team.
- Knowledge of how to grow and build engineering teams.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to planning team capacity and availability.
- Ability to set clear goals and outcomes, helping clearly communicate their progress and impediments to the leadership team.
- Focus on quality output.
- Desire to building and sustain a generative engineering culture, focussed on continuous improvement and outcomes.
- An appreciation of how and why governance around software engineering is vital.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering on time.
- Ability to actively analyse, identify and communicate problems effectively.
- Familiarity with Agile and software development toolsets from Git and Atlassian.
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 003
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.