SOFTWARE ENGINEER – GLASGOW
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the Pelion Engineering team within the Connectivity Management division in Glasgow.
Our collective of hardworking, creative, and passionate engineers are working at the forefront in the following areas:
- The Design and implementation of Connectivity Management services that simplify complex operations for deployment of IoT devices at scale.
- APIs that enable Pelion’s partners to embed and build upon core functionality within our products.
- The deployment of our software and expansions of our infrastructure in new regions globally.
Outcomes for the role:
- Work across all aspects of the software lifecycle while getting support from and learning from the rest of the team.
- Partner with product managers, to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs.
- Write modular, secure and well-tested code.
- Have a creative and structured approach to problem-solving.
- Be an avid learner.
- Design and build software supporting the Connectivity Management Platform.
- Work closely with stakeholders to respond quickly to issues and solve them in a permanent and scalable way.
Who you are?
You are a Software Engineer, passionate about gaining a deeper understanding of how people deploy and manage connected devices globally. You enjoy working alongside platform developers to develop the Connectivity Management platform supporting Pelion’s partners with their workflows and requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience.
- 3+ years of work-related proven experience.
- Previous success developing and shipping web applications.
- Experience with backend technologies such as Node (TypeScript), Kotlin and PHP, inter-connected using Kafka and backed by MySQL.
- Familiarity with Python is a plus.
- Understanding of restful APIs and integration into them.
- Familiarity with Docker as your local work environment and in deployments is a plus.
- Docker Swarm, Kubernetes or similar container orchestration experience is a plus.
- Awareness of Cloud technology like Azure or AWS is a plus.
- Working within an agile team to collaboratively influence the solutions we create and the processes we use as a technical function.
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 011
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.