We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer to join the Pelion team in our Glasgow office and drive the adoption of Pelion Connectivity. This position suits hybrid working.
About the role:
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Developer who has a strong background in Java, Kotlin or Typescript object-oriented programming. They should have an open mind and be enthusiastic about learning new technologies.
Our collective of hardworking, creative, and passionate engineers are working at the forefront in the following areas:
- The Design and implementation of Connectivity Management services that simplify complex operations for the deployment of IoT devices at scale.
- APIs that enable Pelion’s partners to embed and build upon core functionality within our products.
- The deployment of our software and expansions of our infrastructure in new regions globally.
What you will be doing
- Workshop, develop, and maintain high-quality features for our Connectivity Management Platform along with our UI/UX, Architecture, QA, SRE & Product teams.
- Work to adapt and deploy our Automation Engine to a wider audience within our current customer set
- Integrate new Mobile Network Operators into our platform to expand our connectivity offering for our customers
- Help fix issues in our products by working with our Support & SRE teams.
- Define and design solutions for our technical debt.
- Take part in regular SCRUM ceremonies
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific field or graduation from a trusted program such as CodeClan or a portfolio for self taught Engineers.
- Strong expertise in high level programming languages like Kotlin, Java or Typescript
- Hands-on experience with databases such as: MySQL & Redis
- Knowledge of Git source control and branching models.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture or Microservices
- Knowledge of Kafka or similar message queue technologies
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with docker and docker orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Experience working in a SCRUM or similar Agile environment
We believe that people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we provide a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; flexible working; family friendly policies; career and personal development; and health and well-being initiatives; to deliver our people with the best work environment possible.
Pelion is an IoT connectivity MVNO that provides simple, secure connectivity for IoT devices. With a track record spanning back over 20 years, Pelion has been at the forefront of shaping IoT connectivity as an innovator delivering marketing leading solutions focused on our customer’s success. Pelion is recognised as a ‘visionary’ in the Gartner Connectivity Management Magic Quadrant, CRN’s Top 10 Coolest IoT Software Companies and Analysis Mason IoT Connectivity Disruptors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Unwind and recharge with our competitive holiday entitlements and flexible working practices.
- Receive competitive sick pay entitlements should you become unwell.
- Our ‘Take 5’ programme offers an additional 5 days of paid annual leave in addition to your annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
Job Number 10010
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.