- SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER, GLASGOW / REMOTE
SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER – GLASGOW
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Support Engineer to join Pelion. This position is open to anyone in the UK, working remotely with occasional visits to our Glasgow HQ, or in person for those who wish to work in our state-of-the-art office. Working with our other hard working, creative, and passionate engineers, you will be crucial to the customer success experience for all our customers. Providing vital and exceptional service when they need it the most.
What you will be doing:
- Providing technical support across all our Connectivity Management products and services to our customers
- Managing incident and request tickets raised through a variety of channels to resolution
- Performing advanced troubleshooting (M2M technology, Open VPNs, IPSEC, AWS , K8S , IoT
- devices etc).
- Developing automation using CI/CD processes to ensure proper monitoring and reliable SLA’s committed to customer
- Working closely with the wider technical support teams for issue resolution / future release requirements
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and partners to accurately fix and resolve tickets.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience and understanding of TCP/IP addressing
- Understanding of Domain name zone files and how to relate to data traffic.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Mobile Network Operators (incl. Roaming Partners), and a working knowledge of how cellular networks operate and function
- Understanding of APNs, IPSec’s, OpenVPN, & relating technologies.
- Ability to perform traces using WireShark/CloudShark and to interpret results
- Experience with VPN clients
- Experience of use of a wide range of online tools such as DNS Lookup, RDNS,
- Experience of using SaaS, Networking and/or IoT/M2M advantageous.
- Experience in Connectivity as a Service (CaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Ability to understand monitoring dashboards such as Kibana, Grafana, Pingdom and DataDog.
- Clear understanding of expectations of SLAs and KPIs.
- Creating scripts and performing actions/checks via RunDeck.
- Experience with API’s, v3~v4, and making requests to check services are running as expected
- Checking provisioning systems daily and ensure they are operating as expected.
- Experience with SIM card technology and/or cellular routers.
- Strong troubleshooting the differences of localized issues within a set region vs service wide impacting incident.
- Writing/providing weekly reports and information for RCA’s as and when expected.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, CMD and BASH.
- Ability to identify issues based on their priority/risk to the customer/business
- Participation on the on-call rota as and when required.
- A self-starter who takes the initiative and works well under pressure.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A real team player who aspires to our core values of:
- We focus on our customers
- We create products we are proud of
- We make complex solutions simple
- We build for the future
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; flexible working; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 003.22
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.