- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER NOIDA
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER – NOIDA
You will be part of Pelion Edge team who are focused on accelerating the ability to bring devices, sensors and data management closer to the edge.
We’re working across the whole stack, building a standards-based, efficient platform for developers and end users that solve three big problems: easy and secure interaction with IoT systems, getting the cost of connecting things low enough that everything can be connected, and making sure users get all the benefits of new data without giving up control or privacy.
Solving these problems demands not just great systems engineering but great people for our team.
As a member of the Pelion Edge software team, you will work in collaboration with other skilled software, hardware, test, web applications and infrastructure, applications, technical marketing and ecosystem engineers to build a full device platform for powering the next wave of connected devices. We are collaborating with a fast-growing number of key technology partners and are in a great position to help the IoT industry flourish.
You will be part of the software development team which will architect, design, implement, test and enhance the cloud services which will support the edge solution along with various front-end applications. You will perform hands-on coding and mentor junior developers, working to increase the knowledge and performance of the collective team. In addition, you will interact with teams from several locations across the globe to communicate effectively the overall design, implementation and testing strategies.
Outcomes for the role:
- You will design and implement software (written in C/C++/Go/Rust) of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- You will get to design and implement cloud components leveraging multiple technologies like Go, node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm.
- Your duties will include analysis of software bugs and performance overheads in an embedded Linux-based environment and creating solutions for customer problems.
- You will assist in the design and implementation of our REST APIs.
- Ensure our cloud and edge deployments are secure and robust.
- Automate everything.
- Maintain documentation of projects as needed.
- Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development.
What we’re looking for:
- B.S./B.E./B.Tech/M.S/M.Tech/MCA in CS, EC, ECE, EE
- Minimum 3+ years of experience developing software in Go, C/C++.
- Ability to work with minimum guidance is highly desirable, a self-starter.
- Experience working with Dockers and Kubernetes and deploying micro-services using kubectl.
- Hands-on-experience in developing REST and JSON based web services and ability to co-ordinate requirements with server API teams.
- Strong and in-depth Linux development skills, with experience with OS system calls and kernel.
- Deep understanding of good programming practices, architecture, design patterns and unit testing.
- Loves to automate using any scripting or programming languages like python, node.js or bash.
- Experience with software and hardware debugging tools, e.g. GDB, Valgrind.
- Good and proficient knowledge on concepts of OOPs, data structures, multithreading, socket programming etc.
- Working knowledge of these networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, basic network routing.
- Excellent social and teamwork skills.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting & analysis skills.
- Enthusiastic approach that challenges conventions.
- Capability to work efficiently and constructively in a team.
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy Reference 034
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.