- SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER GLASGOW
SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER – GLASGOW
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative Software Engineer to join the Pelion Connectivity Management team in Glasgow.
Our collective of hardworking engineers are working at the forefront in the following areas:
- UI/UX design and implementation of beautiful interfaces to simplify complex operations for end users.
- The migration of existing legacy UI methodologies towards a modular approach.
- Development of new areas of software for Pelion Partners to use and build their business upon.
Outcomes for the role:
Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Part of a development in where you will build upon our existing platform from day one.
- Get to grips with core areas of focus for partners interfacing with our systems.
- Work across all aspects of the software life cycle while getting support from and learning from the rest of the team.
- Customer centric focus acting.
- Have a creative and structured approach to problem-solving.
- An avid learning and self-improvement advocate.
- Working within an agile team to collaboratively influence the solutions we create and the processes we use as a technical function.
- Work closely with stakeholders to respond quickly to issues and solve them in a permanent and scalable way.
- Improve the team as an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives).
Who you are?
You’ll be an experienced Software Engineer, have a real passion for the design and build of beautiful, simple and modern user interfaces. You love improving and building upon existing UI’s and you have an understanding of restful API’s and integration into them.
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of developing rich web applications using HTML and CSS pre-processors.
- Building upon a front end component based framework, E.G Vue.JS, React or Angular.
- Experience creating bespoke components, visualisations and animations.
- Using docker within your local work environment.
- Build responsive interfaces that work on all platforms.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring other developers.
- Working with an agile team to collaboratively influence the solutions we create and the processes we use as a technical function.
- Knowledge and experience of cross browser testing.
- Knowledge of client-side performance concerns and optimisation techniques.
- Understanding the importance of UI/UX design and the ability to transform designs into pixel perfect, high quality software.
- An advocate for Test Driven Development.
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 009
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.