- SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER GLASGOW
SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER – GLASGOW
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps engineer to join our talented engineering team at our Glasgow office.
Are you someone who is passionate about?
• Gaining a deeper understanding of how people deploy and manage connected devices globally.
• Work alongside platform developers to develop the Connectivity Management platform to support Pelion’s partners.
• Challenging how complex data should be represented.
What will I be accountable for?
As an Experienced DevOps Engineer, you will be placed in a development team in Glasgow, UK where you will get to grips with the core areas of focus for partners interfacing with our system. You’ll work across all aspects of the software development lifecycle whilst getting support from and learning from the rest of the team. You will also have the opportunity to work with the other exciting technologies we create.
Outcomes for the role:
- Work as a member of the software development team collaborating with several stakeholders including Product, Architecture and Security ensuring the team have an understanding of operational requirements.
- Drive shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure as a service for delivering and running the platform and associated services
- Take ownership of solutions including automation tools and CI/CD pipelines to provide reliability, security, scalability, automation, performance, availability and cost management.
- Hands-on implementation and configuration work to get projects off the ground, evaluate and drive improvements to existing solutions.
- Customer centric focus acting as an interface between product development and service delivery teams.
- Advocating operational excellence by focusing on infrastructure as code to build secure, scalable and resilient solutions.
- Have a creative and structured approach to problem-solving.
- An avid learning and self-improvement advocate.
- Working within an agile team to collaboratively influence the solutions we create and the processes we use as a technical function.
- Work closely with stakeholders to respond quickly to issues and solve them in a permanent and scalable way.
- Improve the team as an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives).
What we’re looking for:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience.
- 3+ years of work related proven experience.
- Working experience with infrastructure automation, monitoring / logging tools, cloud platforms (AWS and Azure).
- Good understanding of the practical application of DevOps principles, Agile methods and Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform.
- Strong knowledge of automation and the ability to write code using scripting and programming languages.
- Ability to move quickly on building out devolvement, testing and staging environments.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and build pipelines and hands-on experience with GitLab DevOps platform.
- Hands-on experience in using configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Experience with container orchestration using Docker Swarm or Kubernetes.
- Experience building, designing and maintaining cloud-based applications in Azure or AWS.
- Experience administering databases (MySQL, MariaDB).
- Experience with automated testing tools.
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 008
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.