- FRONT END DEVELOPER, GLASGOW
FRONT END DEVELOPER – GLASGOW
We are experiencing an exciting time of growth and are looking for a Front End Developer to join the Pelion Connectivity Engineering team in Glasgow.
Our collective of hardworking, creative, and passionate engineers are working at the forefront in the following areas:
- The Design and implementation of Connectivity Management services that simplify complex operations for deployment of IoT devices at scale.
- APIs that enable Pelion’s partners to embed and build upon core functionality within our products.
- The deployment of our software and expansions of our infrastructure in new regions globally.
Outcomes for the role:
- Build the frontend of our SaaS platform using Typescript, Vue.js and CSS.
- Work collaboratively with our backend engineers to define the APIs required to deliver new product features.
- Work with our user experience and product teams to build our product out of reusable components that adhere to a design and style guide.
- Have a creative and structured approach to problem-solving.
- Be an avid learner.
- Work closely with stakeholders to respond quickly to issues and solve them in a permanent and scalable way.
Who you are?
You are a Software Developer, passionate about gaining a deeper understanding of how people deploy and manage connected devices globally.
What we’re looking for:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience.
- 3+ years experience as a frontend developer
- Experience with a modern component based JS framework, preferably Vue.js
- Experience with unit testing using tools such as Jest
- Use of RESTful APIs in a production environment
- A real team player who aspires to our core values of:
- We focus on our customers
- We create products we are proud of
- We make complex solutions simple
- We build for the future
The following is not essential but would be advantageous:
- Commercial experience with Typescript
- Experience working with product that has multiple branding stakeholders
- Experience working with a UX team and building experiences from wireframes
We appreciate that our people are the key to Pelion’s success. That’s why we invest in a number of great benefits, including: competitive reward packages; flexible working; career development opportunities; and health and well-being initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Vacancy reference 005
Ready to go?
Ready to get started with Pelion? Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good fit.